Friday, March 7, 2008

5 weeks old!






5 weeks old today! I can't believe it. They have come so far in just one week. They have both done so well breathing wise since after their vessel surgeries. Wyatt weighs in at 3 and half pounds and as of yesterday was taken off the nasal canula completely and breathing on his own! He only lasted 3 hours then they put him back on it last night, but the nurse today assured me that it was only because he needs just the extra stimulation. He isn't really using the canula to breathe. He is mostly doing it on his own, so they are confident he will ween himself off it anytime. He has got orders to be stepped down into the family care room. Where he will stay till he comes home. They want to keep him with his sister as long as possible though. Emily is not too far behind. She weighs 3 pounds finally! She got excabated yesterday and is on the nasal canula as well. She is breathing at 3 Liters with it and he is breathing at 2 liters. So not too far behind him. She is taking in 9 ML's of breathmilk and he is taking in 15 ML's. I got to hold not only Emily for the first time today but both at the same time!!! It was so exciting. It feels like for the first time since they were born that things are moving forward. The nurses tell me that when they reach 4 pounds that they will be put into a crib and hopefully they will be put into one together. Here are some attached pics. Check out our blogspot to see more. Thanks again to everyone! We love you guys so much!

1 comment:

April said...

That is so awesome!!!!!!! I want to hold them too!! Don't worry guys I am coming and you won't get enough of me I will hold you forever and stare at you forever!!! Brings back memories, congrats, that is a great feeling holding them both at the same time!! I loved that! Now, I can only do it when I take a deep breath and hope I don't drop one of them!