Friday, March 28, 2008

8 weeks old!





We made it to the 2 month mark!!! A lot has happened since the last time I sent out an e-mail. The twins got moved to Visalia!!! They were moved on Wednesday from Valley Childrens to Kaweah Delta because two babies needed to be transported to Children's Hospital from Visalia. They are doing well. They finally co-bedded them and are doing well together. Emily now weighs 3 pounds 15 ounces and is taking in 34 ML's. Wyatt weighs 4 pounds 5 ounces and is taking 38 ML's. They are both very low on their oxygen settings and I'm hopeful they will be off completely by the end of next week. I have also started breastfeeding them twice a day and bottle feeding twice a day. They are both doing very well at both of those things but get tired after each feeding very quickly. I think within the next week they will both be in a crib. The doctors say they are moving along quite well. It feels good to finally have the STABLE babies in the NICU. Doctors still say to not expect any less than 6 more weeks, because that is their due date. I am hopeful. These last 8 weeks have tested me as a mother, wife, and person, but I can see that light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for all the encouragement and thoughts for our family. Hope you enjoy the pics for this week.

1 comment:

Gleason Family said...

We're SO happy to hear that Wyatt and Emily are doing so well. They are so precious. I cannot imagine all that you have gone through.... your positive attitude and strength amaze me!