Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mitchell's EEG




Mitchell had his EEG done last Friday. We opted to have it done at Valley Children's this time. We had to sleep deprive which consisted of putting him to sleep two hours later and waking him up two hours early. I think it hurt us more than it hurt him. I was exhasted before we even got there. He barely made it to Madera, which is about and hour away from us, without falling asleep. I became emotional as I approached Children's exit, and my palms started to sweat. Who would have thought less than 6 months later we would be seeking testing for Mitchell and not the twins. It went fairly well. He started to cry and than began to try to make himself throw up. Those of you who know Mitchell know that it is not unusual for him when he gets upset. Then we got into the testing room and the technician was very nice and I asked Mitchell to take a nap with me up on the testing table and surprisingly he did as I asked. He quickly fell asleep and she glued on 27 probes and wrapped his head with gauze. The actual procedure took an hour and a half. It was a success! Then as soon as we left the hospital we got a call from our realtor who told us our offer for a house got accepted! We were very excited. We now await Mitch's results with hopefulness in our hearts. P.S. Mitchell is going to kill us for taking this picture of him when he gets older!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

That picture of Mitchell is HILARIOUS! I'm glad the testing went well, and we hope for the best. Congrats on your HOUSE!! We're so happy for you!