Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Twins Homecoming!






The twins are home!!! They came home yesterday, Wednesday, in the afternoon on day 75 in the NICU. It came as a shock for me because on Sunday the doctor told me they would be going home early the following week. This was great news since all they kept saying was wait till their due date. The doctor shared with me that it is very rare that they are going home so early and doing so well. They came home almost 3 and a half weeks early. She also said that it is very rare that they are both healthy enough to go home at the same time. As I am writing this e-mail all three of my kids are sleeping. Phew, I'm exhasted. I just wanted to also take the time to thank my mom and Gale for helping out so much with Mitchell and other things. Thanks also to everyone else who had a hand, prayer, and thought for our kids. I tear up thinking that this could have not come at all. Emily came home weighing 4 pounds 10 ounces and Wyatt weighed 5 pounds 2 ounces. Here are some pics. I guess the updates will slow down now that they are home, but I'll keep our blog updates with photos. Thanks again for all the love for our family.

3 comments:

Gleason Family said...

What perfectly happy news! I am so excited that your family is complete now at home. That's awesome. I love love love the picture of Mitchell with the twins. I think seeing your own children interact together is just precious -(just another great thing about being a mom). Wish we lived closer so we could come see you guys! Good luck with everything and let me know how it is juggling THREE! I'm nervous to even think of it! You'll be great though! Hey, also... email me your address when you get a free minute... (a free what?) (ha ha) :)

Whitney said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are soo happy for you guys! I almost started bawling when I was reading your post! What a great blessing - and miracle. We hope all goes well in the days to come and that things just get better. We love you guys.

David and Jaycee said...

I'm crying while reading and looking at your pictures!
I'm soo happy for you and your family. It is now complete, what a wonderful feeling! What would we do with out prayer!!? We love you guys and keep the faith as life will continue to be BUSY!
xoxo
The Limutau's